Anyone in hospital at the moment?

for the CF adult community...

Moderator: cfirelandie

Anyone in hospital at the moment?

Postby voyager » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:10 am

Just wondering if anyone's uber bored and in hospital at the moment?

Im in a male 6 bedded in beaumont at the moment, thankfully no one is on the commode...yet!!, but they make up for it with numerous noxious gas explosions.

I havent been on the cf forum for a long long time, and noticed now that its changed quite a bit :D online chat function !!
voyager

Re: Anyone in hospital at the moment?

Postby Pidley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:06 am

hey man
i aint in hosp at the mo, just got out last week from vincents

how u long u been in?
POWER TO THE CYSTICS
Pidley

Postby voyager » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:01 pm

hey

To make a short story a little funny : my trip into hospital went a little something like this :

Went into a clinic appointment, the prof was not too happy with my weight and my lung functions were pretty much the same as they had been about 4 months ago.

So he says, "I'd like to start a course of iv's", and I say "can I do them at home", and so he says again "well how about 1 week in hospital and the second week on home iv's". So I say ok.
This was the part that reminded me of the thing parents always say to their kids, "if a stranger asks you to get into their car say NO, and if the stranger offers you sweets to get into the car, still say NO". That is the part I fell for, I took the bait :( and now I'm gonna be in here for 2 weeks.

I came in last tuesday, the prof lured me in to hospital with the promise of just one week in hospital, but now its two weeks :( guess it could be worse, at least I'll get home 2 days before christmas.
voyager

Postby Pidley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:07 pm

you got screwd bro, the old "hey just come in for a week, then well send u home", that ones a classic

so u getting someone else to do ur shopping or are u going to have to do the mad dash two days before xmas?
POWER TO THE CYSTICS
Pidley

Postby voyager » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Luckily I have most of my christmas shopping done, just need to pick up a couple of "token gifts", or if im too tired it will end up just being vouchers :) its the thought that counts
voyager

Return to CF Adults