TUMMIES

for the CF adult community...

Moderator: cfirelandie

TUMMIES

Postby pinkfink9 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 am

i know my questions are always on about the same thing but how can we stop the constant bloated tummy my daughter has? she is nearly 16 loves all the fashionable gear she has a beautiful figure but is constantly battling with a bloated tummy sometimes she looks like those starving african kids on tv. any tips? we are always pointing it out to our team but they just seem happy she is well and healthy. :?
The one thing we all have in common is we are all unique ;)
pinkfink9

Re: TUMMIES

Postby icepop » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Ok so assuming she's taking her creon with her food - all the time and no skipping, have you tried motillium? Is she just bloated and not blocked? Because if she suffers from blockages maybe you should enquire about a different type of treatment for that. 8)
icepop

Postby pinkfink9 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 pm

yeah gonna get her started on that for a while i think. do you take it? is that a before or after meal tablet.
pinkfink9

Postby icepop » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:09 pm

I usually take it after my meal, but I only take it, at most, once a day and after dinner which would be my main meal. I suppose if I found myself bloated around lunchtime I'd pop one too but thankfully I only need it rarely. I also take rennies now and again if I'm bloated (even if I don't feel heartburn). I don't really know why I do, I just like the taste and it's something else which settles my stomach.
icepop

Postby pinkfink9 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:27 pm

ha ha ha :lol: i heard johnathon ross saying once that he took a lemsip at the weekend cos he was bored!!! :mrgreen: if you are on losec you should not take rennie!! its in that piece of paper in the box that no one (except manic mums like me) reads. :cyclopsani:
pinkfink9

Postby icepop » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:07 am

Oh really? Oh well I take Omeprazole, which I thought reduced the amount of stomach acid your stomach produces... Rennies are just symptom relievers and breath fresheners really. Maybe I should just stick to swallowable chewing gum though...
icepop

Postby waterfordgirl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:47 pm

All I can say is get used to it! SIGH! As soon as I eat I bloat. If I am going out on a Saturday night I don't eat after 3 o clock. Thats just the way it is. I have a constant battle going on in my head...eat or look nice! I wouldn't mind so much if I just looked fat but I look pregnant....overdue in fact! And that doesn't look good if I have a bottle of Budweiser in my hand :?
waterfordgirl

Postby icepop » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Oh that's terrible Waterford girl :( Is there anything you can take before you eat to reduce the bloatiness? I can't pinpoint what makes me bloated. Last night just after dinner, I didn't feel bloated but when I went to give an injection i realised my tummy was quite hard. Strange...
icepop

Postby j » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 am

waterfordgirl wrote:All I can say is get used to it! SIGH! As soon as I eat I bloat. If I am going out on a Saturday night I don't eat after 3 o clock. Thats just the way it is. I have a constant battle going on in my head...eat or look nice! I wouldn't mind so much if I just looked fat but I look pregnant....overdue in fact! And that doesn't look good if I have a bottle of Budweiser in my hand :?

ooooh feckin hate that! thought i was the only person that happened to :shock:
j

Postby Liam » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 pm

j wrote:
ooooh feckin hate that! thought i was the only person that happened to :shock:

Thats the beauty of a site like this, we all find someone somewhere who has been through what we are worried about at the moment!
Liam

Postby pinkfink9 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:15 pm

ok so got her on the mottilium and now she hasnt poohed since 4 days!!! and that messes with ya head. i think i could go for a phd at this stage..... gonna try acidophillus and goji berries instead........ watch this space.

waterford girl, dont not eat before you go out try home made soup (any mix of veg boiled with a stock cube and wizzed up with a liitle milk/cream) filling with no bulk... we swear by it if my teen is going out on the rip!! :P

i also think if you have big boobs the bloat doesnt show as much....LOL LOL
pinkfink9

Postby waterfordgirl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:46 pm

oh can't tolerate cream! yea I'm sure if I had big boobs the bloat wouldn't show.....but they don't call me fried eggs for nothing :oops:
waterfordgirl

Postby j » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

I take goji berries with my breakfast every day, although havent had them in a few weeks now :? they are supposed to be good!!!!
j

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:02 pm

hmm i'd consider my digestion to be difficult. I'm currently takking around 35-40 25000s a day and don't really have this bloatiness. After gorging i do feel a bit bloated but it's nothing that doesn't pass quickly enough. I was once told many years ago that i had a biafran belly which made me realise that my posture was a bit odd and that i needed to use my stomach muscles more to 'suck it in' :wink:

oh and i'd consult people about taking those rennies/gavascon/maalox calcium carbonate solutions as they might absorb/ interfere with some medications - unlikely though a possibilty. Like Rosie said they don't really even treat the symptoms so getting to the root of the problem would be more beneficial than masking it.
As an example i recently noticed I quite affected by indigestion. I only later realised that i was lying in bed watching tv at an unusual angle which was putting pressure on my stomach. When i stopped lying i was free of indigestion.
My €0.02
Neil

Postby willieb » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm

thought i was only one with this prob.. every day i get asked when am i due or am i havin twins n im a fella. im on nexium twice a day. take loads movical and take motillium, after all them i still do be bloated and blocked up. iv tryed all the other remedies like the gojo berries and flaxseed and eating all bran, for me they only help a tiny bit. if i dont take at least 3 or 4 movical a day theres no chance of me moving. i find it gets worse when i have an infection coming on. one thing that helps some bit is drink plenty of water but even that isnt much of a relieve for me.. to think i used to have a six pack.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Here for a good time not for a long time..:):)
willieb

Next

Return to CF Adults