Newly diagnosed 6 month old baby

for the younger generation...

Moderator: cfirelandie

Newly diagnosed 6 month old baby

Postby Unsure » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 am

Hi all, my son has been recently diagnosed with CF. He is attending temple street, he is responding well to treatment but i am extremely new to all of this and would love to hear from other mums in the same situation.

Thanks
Unsure

Re: Newly diagnosed 6 month old baby

Postby cfirelandie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:27 am

hi Unsure,
my name is Caroline, i am cf patient advocate. i would be delighted to chat to you and discuss any issues you feel need discussing at this point, my no. 087 9323933. it is a difficult time trying to get to grips with the disease, medications and treatments but we are here to help. caroline
cfirelandie
Site Admin

Postby airulea » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:22 pm

welcome to the forum unsure! i'm a person with cf (pwcf) and can understand how worried etc you are. we're always more than happy yo help and you should def give caroline a ring (as she is deadly!).

maybe post on the friends & families or cf adults forum next time though as not many people look at the cf kids one.

if you're worried about anything let us know as we're full of experience and advice :D
airulea

Postby joanna » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi unsure
My baby girl was diagnosed a few months ago she is now 8 months,so I know exactly where your at.
I have to say im a differant person now since,my whole focus is on Lilly,researching cf,learning about differant infections and treatments etc etc..
We have come along way since last April,but still very scared of the unknown,and whatever your feeling is completely natural so dont be too scared I have found this forum fantastic im on it every other day and everyone has been great answering all my crazy questions ... lol ,you will have to remain strong and positive for your baby from here on out.

call me if you like ,086-6816681 we can compare notes /treatments?

Please know that your not alone, medicine has advanced so much in recent years .
take care
Joanna
joanna

Return to CF Kids