65 Roses National Awareness Week 2015
20th- 27th April 2015
Why 65 Roses?
'65 Roses' is how some children first learn how to say 'Cystic Fibrosis'. The symbol in Ireland for '65 Roses Week' is purple roses.
Why do we fundraise?
Over the last 50 years, CFI has strongly advocated for the improvement of services and support for people with Cystic Fibrosis. Funds are collected at both a national level, and also at local level by branches, and will help fund the work of Cystic Fibrosis Ireland in its fight for adequate national and local services.
Grants & Services
Funding is paramount to our grant in-aid service, which provides financial help and access to vital services: Exercise, Transplant, Bereavement, Social & Distress Grants are only but a few of the financial supports provided.
Dedicated inpatient and outpatient facilities around the country
Funding is required for vital isolation beds and new treatment centres such as Dublin, Cavan, Drogheda, Castlebar, Limerick and Waterford. This will mean that people with CF will have centres with adequate facilities to avoid cross infection when they attend hospital. These services are not an option for better health, they are essential and they are needed now. Our goal is to provide these facilities in the shortest timeframe possible.
What will be happening during 65 Roses Week?
Volunteers all over the country will be selling our eblems and collecting in designated shopping centres.
We want to encourage people to get out and support CF Ireland in any way that they can- whether its a shopping centre collection, fundraising event or even getting your school or work invovled- any awareness we can raise for people with CF is welcomed!
What can you do?
Join us in raising awareness for Cystic Fibrosis:
- Organize your 65 Roses event, we will provide the support you need.
- Volunteer and join our fundraisers in your local shopping centre.
How will CFI National Office support fundraising?
The National office will undertake the following:
- Distribution of our 65 Roses Emblems
- Organize volunteers in shopping centers during the awareness week
- Countrywide support. We are here to help you help us!
How can branches get involved?
- Co-ordination of volunteers and local centres
- By organizing to sell emblems during 65 Roses Week
- By organizing other fundraising and awareness initiatives in and around the week and/or throughout the month of April.
Please get in touch to order your pack or let us know if you want to support Cystic Fibrosis.