Organ Donor Awareness Week 2019
Why you need to have the conversation about organ donation with your family
If you missed it, you have a second chance to see the wonderful interview with Shane Halligan and CFI Charity ambassador Joe Brolly on the Ray Darcy Programme (Saturday 30 March). Highly Recommended. People with CF will often need a double lung transplant to lengthen and improve the quality of their lives.
Cystic Fibrosis Ireland (CFI) supports organ donation and transplants by:
- Providing grants towards the support costs to people with CF associated with transplants
- We fund a post transplant senior nurse in the Mater Hospital
- We fund a part time psychologist in the Mater Hospital and a data entry clerk
- We chair and are members of the Irish Donor Network (IDN)
- We raise awareness and campaign for soft opt out organ donation
Watch the full interview with Shane and Joe on the Ray Darcy Show by clicking here.